Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day


I have been blessed to with a Dad who loves, trusts and cares for me. He wears his heart on his sleeve. While I was growing up, he worked hard, played hard, and made sure he was at my games, my awards ceremonies, and every life event he could. He has been a great example of everything a father should be. Father to each daughter equally... whether you were the one living in another state, adopted, or the one whose birth caused him to almost lose his wife. My Dad showed me what a father and husband should be so I would know what to look for. He is compassionate. He gives more than he ever receives. He leads his home with passion. He delights in his grandchildren. I could go on and on! One thing he has always done is point us to our Heavenly Father. For that, I am eternally grateful!
Matt is an amazing Daddy in part because of what an amazing example he had in Tommy, his Daddy, and also because he looks to his Lord for everything. I love the way Matt loves on our children. He makes sure each one knows how much he adores them... and he truly does. They care for others because he shows them how to. They can't wait to help him with a project, go outside with him to milk the goats, jump on his back when he is looking the other way, and curl up next to him on the sofa. He has taught them to fight for what they believe in, to enjoy the down time, to put others first, and so much more. I am so blessed to be the helpmeet to this man and a witness and recipient of the work he puts into being a husband and father. I am looking forward to seeing even more growth in his life as he becomes a father to the fatherless this year. Next Father's Day I hope to post a picture of him with all seven of his children :)
Happy Father's Day to all the men out there who take on this tremendous responsibility. May God bless each one of you today and every day!
Off topic. Tomorrow is the second homestudy meeting. Please keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment