Monday, September 2, 2013

Ebenezer

 


Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer; for he said, “Till now the LORD has helped us.” (1 Samuel 7:12, ESV)

At Calvary Chapel Mechanicsville this past Sunday, I had the privilege of hearing a sermon titled "Rematch at Ebenezer". Pastor Rick spoke of our struggles being our victories because we fight. We don't give up. We know that something we are doing is keeping the sights locked on us, but we refuse to change that because we follow the guiding of the Lord. We will not deny that Christ is our hope and the reason we continue to stand up each time we fall. I sure feel like I've been tripped and knocked down more than normal lately. I will never stay down. My God will rescue me and help me rise to my feet again.

 It was great, but, like my norm, I read a few verses behind the passage and a few ahead. That's when and where I read that verse above and when I read that verse an "amen" was said in my head. "Till now the LORD has helped us!" I know I can say that about so many things that have gone on in my life, in my marriage, with my kids, and with this adoption. We have had more things break in this house or get broken by storms than ever. The roof. The carport. The pool pump. The printer (not good with all the adoption paperwork!) The ice maker. We have had medical bills. Azriel's peanut reaction ER visit. A minor surgery. Matt's food poisoning. But God.

But God has provided. He has helped us. I know I can trust in Him to bring these children home because He loves them even more than I do... and it is hard to love a child more than a momma does :) 
________________________________________

NEW Fundraiser Alert:

31!!!!!! Thank you Stephanie! 





Don't forget!

Stevie B's on the 9th next MONDAY!

We still have lots of other fundraisers you can participate in including the puzzle, parties, soap, vanilla extract AND the Crossbow Raffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment