Wednesday, January 29, 2014

7 days approved

We prayed with our friends and family for approval for the boys for Titus' birthday and we got it on his birthday!

Our I-600 Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative was granted within a day of receiving our response to the Request for Evidence (RFE.) This was God going before us and giving us favor with USCIS Nairobi. To me, this was God saying that He heard us as we joined together and requested something that was within His will. These moments are the one's that you set up a stone for as a monument to look on and point toward to teach your children.

And now, just a week later, I struggle. Our paperwork that is needed to get the visas for them arrived Friday morning on the grounds. When that happened in Nairobi just four days before that, it was delivered to the appropriate office the next day. At Kampala, it has now been three full days  (not counting the hours it was there Friday) and our paperwork is still not in the office. Someone isn't doing their job. The mailroom. The adoption unit. Doesn't really matter. I have prayed. I've asked others to pray. I know God hears me asking for His favor... for His leading of those who have the paperwork... for Him to bring the boys home quickly. I. know. He. hears.

I am at a loss for why it has been 12 full weeks since the first hugs and we still don't have them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment